.post-body img { margin-left: -40px;}

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Button Tree




  At last I'm writing a new post! You all probably thought you weren't going to hear from us again. :) Well things have been pretty busy around here, with working, horse sitting, getting over colds, and working on new projects. But now I've finally completed a craft this week that I've been wanting to make for a while. A button tree!

 When I first saw this idea on Pinterest, I was on a button craze. I looked up different kinds of button crafts( I'm sure you saw my button bracelet) but this one really stuck in my mind. I thought to myself, "If I felt like doing a big project that would take a while I would do that right there."
And not long after that my mom started looking for a big picture to hang on the empty wall behind our couch, and I proposed this option.

 So here is how I made this adorable button tree canvas.

First off, you will need:

. A canvas
. Acrylic paint for your background and for the tree
. Buttons in various colors and shapes(I used pretty much all green except for a little bit of light brown, or you could go with multiple colors. Your choice.)
. Pencil and paintbrushes
. Tacky glue

So to get started you need to paint your entire canvas. The example I got from Pinterest(see here)actually used spray paint in different colors. Whatever works for you. I used acrylic paint in a khaki color to go with the country, folk art theme of our living room.

Then, very lightly, draw your tree with a pencil. Going with my particular theme, I chose to do a willow tree.

Once your happy with your drawing, go ahead and paint it, giving it an extra coat if necessary to make it dark and the brush strokes less noticeable.




Then it's time for the buttons! When the tree is completely dry, put all the buttons in place, making sure everything is the way you want it. And when you're satisfied, glue all the buttons in place. This is the longest most tedious part of the project, but hang in there, cause when it's done it will be beautiful!




And when the glue has had enough time to dry completely, your button tree will be ready for duty as a beautiful decoration in your house! I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did, and thanks for reading. :)



3 comments :

  1. Thank you. I think it will make a nice addition to our living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will. Leah and I can't wait to see it in person. :-)

      Delete