.post-body img { margin-left: -40px;}

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Story Writing

  I have always had an imagination. When I was little, I was always coming up with something exciting for my brother and I to play together, and sometimes I came up with stories to write. And yes, they were typical, little kid stories; terrible writing, no sense, and usually never finished. But it was just so much fun making them up. Well I'm a little older now, but I still like creating stories(I just don't play them). So about two years ago I decided to try writing again, but this time I wanted to really do it. This time I wanted to finish it and make it good. And much to my own amazement, I actually finished it, and it wasn't too bad. Still my writing wasn't quite where I wanted it to be, and I was still coming up with stories. So last Summer I read a book on writing and by Fall I had started into my next story, hoping that this time it would be even better. Now I don't know if I'll turn out to be an author some day or not, but writing has given me a chance to use the imagination God has given me. And on top of that it gives me something to work at and accomplish, and something to get better at and enjoy. I never imagined myself really trying to write, it just didn't seem like the kind of thing that I would like to devote my time to. But here I am. So I want to encourage you, to step out and try things, whether it be writing or something else, because you never know until you try. :)
  Now, if you're anything like me, you love adventure and excitement. And when I read I usually pick books that look like they're going to be just that, exciting. So when it came to writing, I wanted to write stories that would be exciting. The story I'm working on right now is called, In Search of Treasure. And yes, it's kind of a pirate story, but it's more than that. So here is a summary and maybe soon I'll put on a section for you all to read. 

      Rebecca Mason's world is turned upside down, following her father's death, when the truth about his past life is revealed and she is caught up in a deadly treasure hunt. While her and her companions struggle to survive, Rebecca struggles to forgive, and to show the rest that Jesus Christ is the greatest treasure.

~Katlynn 

No comments :

Post a Comment