.post-body img { margin-left: -40px;}

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Iron Skillet Corn Bread



My Discovery of Cast-Iron Skillet Potential


 I was told that food sticks to cast-iron skillets...badly.


 Did a google search: "how to use cast-iron skillets?"


 Found that they need to be properly seasoned with oil.


 Did that; followed instructions.





 Started cooking with the cast-iron skillet...


...nothing stuck... 


Became a cast-iron skillet fanatic.


Will now be using it for EVERYTHING!! 

~


Including cornbread! I've seen pictures of it baked in cast-iron skillets and loved how rustic it looked! The dark background of the skillet really makes the rich, yellow cornbread pop! Cast-iron skillets make basically any dish so much more vivid and presentable.


 So I had to try it myself.

 Now I know how I'll be making cornbread from now on...

 ...and how often. =)

 











No comments :

Post a Comment